The 28th annual Quad City Regional Auto Show is returning this year with new spirit, new vehicles on display and a new show location, according to the show coordinator.
The show, which was cancelled last year because of the COVID-19 pandemic, will return Friday through Sunday, March 4-6, at the Bend XPO, 922 Mississippi Parkway in East Moline. The show has been held in past years at the RiverCenter in Davenport.
Show hours are: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., March 4-5; and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on March 6. Admission prices will be: $10 for adults; $5 for seniors; and free admission for children 12 years old and younger, when accompanied by an adult.
Susan Shrader, the show’s longtime event coordinator, called the new site “extremely exciting” because the Bend has room to offer show-goers a chance to take part in more activities such as “Ride-and-Drive” events with new vehicles.
“People will get a chance to go out and drive a new car. Maybe it’s a car they would never buy, but it’s a chance to take a drive,” Ms. Shrader added.
She is currently busy scheduling vendors and planning events for the show. Currently, there are plans to have more than 150 vehicles on display. with perhaps many more to come. Earlier this week, Ms. Shrader had hopes that a local group would display some classic Corvettes at the show.
“We are getting great support from all of our manufacturers and dealers. They are looking forward to the show,” Ms. Shrader said.
One of the changes this year will be e-tickets replacing the traditional paper tickets. Attendees should visit the website for ticket information.
Here are some of the events and features of the upcoming show:
- The show will feature 22 domestic and import manufacturers with more than 150 vehicles on display.
- A “luxury row” of vehicles.
- Test track for children.
- A NASCAR track and simulator
- “Ride-and-Drive” events for guests.
- March 4 will be Quad-City Times day.
- March 5 will feature events for children, including face painting, balloon artists and therapy dogs.
- March 6 will be 101.3 KISS FM Family Day. The day will feature family fun events from noon to 4 p.m. including a petting zoo, coloring contests, balloon artists, milk and cookies.
- Miss Illinois Isabelle Hanson will appear from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., March 6.
- Guests can sign up to win tickets for concerts, dinner and sporting events at the iHeart Radio booth.
- There will be an Interactive Educational Expo on March 4 that will feature exhibits on trade positions in the auto industry.
- Proceeds from the auto show will help the Quad City Regional Auto Show Scholarship Fund. More than $581,000, to date, has been awarded to college-bound and trade school students. (The deadline was Jan. 16 for this year’s scholarship applications.)
For more information, visit quadcityautoshow.com.