Already a subscriber? Log in
- Unparalleled business coverage of the Iowa City / Cedar Rapids corridor.
- Immediate access to subscriber-only content on our website.
- 52 issues per year delivered digitally, in print or both.
- Support locally owned and operated journalism.
1 of 4
Other menu items include:
- The Lynnie Burger that includes three cheeseburgers and nine pieces of bacon.
- Black and Blue burger with blue cheese crumbles, bacon, lettuce and tomato.
- Buffalo chicken wrap.
- Cauliflower bites appetizer.
- Lynnie’s Wings, both boneless and traditional.
Bowlyou offers these tips for starting your own successful businessBrent Bowlyou, owner of the new Lynnie’s Diner in Woodhull, Illinois, has several different businesses across the Quad Cities region. Mr. Bowlyou also runs the Constellation Coffee shop in Milan, located inside his Bowlyou’s Ice Cream and Grill in Milan and a second Bowlyou’s in nearby Aledo, Illinois. His wife, April Bowlyou, runs the Queen Bee Boutique formal dress shop, also in Milan. Mr. Bowlyou offers these tips for people considering opening their own business:
- Do your homework. Get a business plan together and truly understand what it will takes to run a business.
- Understand who will be your business competition.
- Understand your costs and overhead, such as wages, and the cost of food if you are opening a restaurant. “Being able to manage your overhead is huge,” he says.