The City of Davenport is honoring area veterans and active duty military this week as it celebrates Military Appreciation Week (May 15-21).
Davenport Mayor Mike Matson kicked off the event last week with a proclamation recognizing Military Appreciation Week in Davenport.
Throughout the week, the City of Davenport along with several businesses and organizations will offer a number of perks to active members of the military, veterans and their families.
Among the benefits are:
- The city will provide free green fees at its three public golf courses: Emeis, Duck Creek, and Red Hawk.
- CitiBus will offer free rides during Military Appreciation Week.
- The Figge Art Museum offers free admission year round to all active U.S armed forces and their families.
- The Putnam Museum and Science Center will kick off Blue Star Museum season early this week. From Memorial Day through Labor Day, free general admission will be given to all active duty military or military employees with a valid military ID, and up to five family members.
- The Quad Cities River Bandits will offer $2 bleacher seat tickets to active duty military, veterans, reservists and their immediate families for the home game at 1 p.m., Sunday, May 15, against the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.
“Military Appreciation Week is just one of the many ways Davenport supports our military members, families, and veterans,” the mayor said. “We are grateful for their service to our great nation and Military Appreciation Week is a wonderful way for our community to express our love and gratitude to them.”