The Western Illinois University Career Center, in conjunction with academic departments, will offer a number of career and internship fairs for WIU students this fall. They are open and free for job-seekers and bring opportunities for many WIU students and alumni seeking firsthand information about local and regional organizations.
“The one-on-one interactions that take place at both in-person and virtual career fairs are a critical way for employers and students to connect and explore possibilities,” said Audrey Adamson, director of the Center for Career Preparation and Employer Engagement.
Students will have the opportunity to network with employers and other outside organizations to establish professional relationships and discuss potential career or internship opportunities.
Upcoming WIU-hosted career and internship fairs include:
- Wednesday, Sept. 14, 1-4 p.m, Handshake: Virtual Meet the Firms Accounting Fair.
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in Macomb: Law Enforcement and Justice Administration Career Fair.
- Wednesday, Sept. 21, 1-4 p.m. in Macomb: Supply Chain Management Day.
- Wednesday, Sept 28, 1-4 p.m. at Augustana College: QC College Career Fair.
- Tuesday, Oct. 4, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in Macomb: All-Majors Career and Internship Fair.
- Wednesday, Oct. 5, 9 a.m.-noon in Macomb: Agriculture Career Fair.
- Thursday, Oct. 6, 10 a.m.- 2 p.m on Handshake: Virtual QC Region All-Majors Career Fair.