Ruhl&Ruhl Realtors celebrated a record-breaking $1.1 billion 2021 at its annual awards event on Jan. 28.
Chris Beason, president, and Caroline Ruhl, CEO, also honored 218 award winners for their 2021 achievements. More than 300 agents, staff and affiliated business partners cheered on their co-workers during the celebration.
“Eight years ago, Caroline set the goal to hit $1 billion in sales volume. Achieving this goal is an incredible milestone and certainly something we can be very proud of accomplishing,” said Mr. Beason in a news release. “But the significance behind the number is even more important.
“You guide clients through some of the most significant decisions they will ever make. And the work you are doing behind the numbers is what matters most – the level of care that was given to each and every customer, and the value you all delivered throughout those 5,833 transactions.”
Ruhl officials also shared the company’s results in 2021:
- Residential Sales Volume: Ruhl&Ruhl Realtors sales volume in 2021 was $1,186,078,506, up 24.7% from 2020.
- Number of Properties Sold: Ruhl&Ruhl Realtors sold 5,833 properties in 2021, as either listing agent or selling agent. This was 12.1% more transactions than in 2020.
- Revenue: Revenue in a real estate company is primarily gross commission income (GCI). Ruhl&Ruhl Realtors 2021 GCI was $34,369,196 up 23.8% over 2020 GCI.
- New Listings Taken: Ruhl&Ruhl Realtors listed 2,872 properties for sale in 2021.
- Nationally Ranked Per Agent Productivity: On average agents closed 18.2 transactions in 2021, which is up from 16.7 transactions per agent in 2020. This is more than double the national average for per agent productivity.
- Agents and Staff: Ruhl&Ruhl ended 2021 with 320 residential agents. In addition, 63 employees work for the company.
- Ruhl Mortgage: Ruhl Mortgage closed $280,310,999 in loan volume, which was generated by 1,294 loans. 65% were purchase loans and 35% were refinances. Ruhl Mortgage employs 24 staff members, including 6 loan officers and in-house underwriting and processing.
- Insurance Referrals Sold: Ruhl&Ruhl agents referred clients resulting in 543 policies being sold by the Nelson Brothers Agency. Ruhl&Ruhl Realtors’ affiliated insurance company has 18 sales agents and 19 staff members.
- Commercial Sales Volume: NAI Ruhl Commercial Company, a joint venture with Ruhl&Ruhl Realtors, sold $135.7 million in commercial real estate in 2021. They have 13 commercial agents and 14 staff members.
Ruhl officials also offered a forecast of the things to come for 2022.
Appreciation and price increases will continue. In this region, homes appreciated from 9.04% to 12.83% last year, depending on the market and price range of the homes. Over the past 5 years homes in our markets have appreciated 20.50%-26.59%. Economists predict that homes will appreciate from 2%-7% in 2022, depending on the location and price range of the home, Ruhl officials said.
Mortgage rates also will increase, according to Ms. Ruhl’s forecast. Projections from experts all forecast 30 year fixed rates will increase gradually in 2022. With mortgage rates increasing and the price of homes also going up, that means a buyer’s monthly payment will continue to increase into the foreseeable future. The sooner a buyer purchases a property, the more home they will be able to afford and the lower their monthly payment will be.
Inventory will continue to grow, according to the forecast. There is considerable pent up seller demand to sell their properties and make a move. Sellers have been waiting patiently for COVID-19 to subside and for life to normalize so they can move to their next stage of life and housing.
Some of the top award winners honored at the annual event are:
- Top Excellence in Service Award: TJ Duncan, Burlington Office
- Top Associate of the Year: Kurt Johnson, Bettendorf Office
- Top Team of the Year: The Healey Group, Dubuque Office
- New Associate of the Year: Sandy Jo Huizenga, Clinton Office
- Top Associate of the Year – Farm & Land: Dennis Stolk, Davenport Office
- Top Ruhl Mortgage Associate of the Year: Ray McDevitt, Bettendorf Office
- Top Nelson Brothers Associate of the Year: Peg Hopkins, Bettendorf Office
- Top Community Involvement of the Year: The Eckhardt Team, Davenport Office
- Top Referral Staff Member: Kim Foderberg, property management, Corporate Office
- Employee of the Year: Theresa DeVine, accounting, Corporate Office
There is a complete list of all award winners at www.ruhlhomes.com/news.