Revive at the Group Med Spa not only topped the QCBJ’s inaugural list of Fastest Growing Companies by increasing its revenues 211% between 2019 and 2021, but the Davenport medical spa has its sights on expansion.
Revive’s triple-digit growth over the period is even more remarkable considering that it was shut down for two months in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic even before it could officially cut the ribbon on its then brand-new free-standing spa. Before that, Revive made its home next door in the building that houses The Group Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists.
Revive was one of 15 dynamic companies recognized Tuesday, Aug. 9, at the Quad Cities Business Journal’s well-attended reception at Bally’s Quad Cities, Rock Island. Each Fastest Growing Company honoree was presented with a trophy at the first-time event.
In his address to event attendees, Dave Larson, Revive’s business manager, gave the credit for Revive’s success and remarkable growth to the group of professionals that helped to create and guide the spa. More about spa’s success will be featured in a cover story in the QCBJ’s upcoming Aug. 22 print edition.
“We were very pleased with the turnout for our first Fastest Growing Companies event in the Quad Cities,” John Lohman, group publisher, said Wednesday, Aug. 10. “This event is a perfect example of the QCBJ helping to celebrate and shine a spotlight on the companies that are doing so much to create jobs and generate wealth in the Quad Cities region.”
He added: “The other events that we have planned for later this year are the Forty Under 40 awards on Nov. 10, as well as a Commercial Real Estate Symposium on Oct. 6. These events should help the Quad Cities market better understand what it means to have a traditional business journal in the region.”
Representatives of nearly all the Fastest Growing Companies award honorees were on hand Tuesday night. Many shared videos about their operations. Here is a complete list of the top 15 winners honored Tuesday, where they ranked, and their revenue growth over the three-year period:
- Revive at the Group, 5374 Eastern Ave., Suite 100, Davenport, 211%.
- Schroeder Associates (PKS Corp), 2805 Eastern Ave., Suite 102, Davenport; 70.07%.
- Greenspace Associates, Inc., 6749 Valley Dr., Bettendorf, 50.94%.
- Ecogistics, 2020 52nd Ave. Moline, 48.62%.
- Quad City Ambulatory Surgery Center, 520 Valley View Dr., Suite 300, Moline, 43.91%.
- IMEG Corp, 623 26th Ave., Rock Island, 38.27%.
- Shaw Electric, Inc., 990 E River Dr., Davenport, 37.62%.
- C&W Transport Solutions, 3520 Jersey Ridge Rd., Davenport, 37.35%.
- Tri-City Electric Company of Iowa, 62258 N. Brady St., Davenport, 35.72%.
- Gullickson Group, 2310 Jersey Ridge Rd., Davenport, 30.61%.
- JP Sports & Management, LLC, P.O. Box 68, Moline, 29.08%.
- Spring Park Surgery Center, LLC, 3319 Spring St., Suite. 202A, Davenport; 26.35%.
- Crawford Company, 1306 Mill St., Rock Island, 23.35%.
- Wallace’s Garden Center, 2605 Devils Glen Road, Bettendorf, 22.34%.
- Jewell Group, 130 Research Parkway, Davenport, 19.42%.
To select the Fasting Growing winners, the QCBJ – a publication of the Corridor Media Group – partnered with Honkamp Krueger PC, which confidentially gathered the financial information from each company and calculated the revenue in percentages from 2019 through 2021.
“We then ranked the companies by revenue growth over that three-year period,” said Michelle Steining of Honhamp Krueger.
To qualify for the Fastest Growing awards, a company has to be headquartered in the Quad Cities’ six-county region of Scott, Clinton and Muscatine in Iowa and Henry, Mercer and Rock Island in Illinois; and have a minimum of $350,000 in annual revenues each year. The companies also had to show revenue growth in 2021.
The event was sponsored by: Platinum Sponsor IMEG, Gold Sponsors Honkamp Krueger & Co. and Travero; Silver Sponsor Russell; and Bronze Sponsor Women Lead Change (WLC).