IowaWORKS will host the hiring event “Opportunity Knocks Monday” from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Sept. 19, at its center located at 1801A East Kimberly Road, Davenport.
The weekly hiring event is held each Monday with a diverse group of employers each week. IowaWORKS also will be holding community open house at this time. Jobseekers are invited to tour the center, meet workforce partners, receive workforce information and see a virtual reality training demonstration.
The scheduled lineup of employers will be:
- Robert Half – Hiring for accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, supply chain, administrative, customer service, HR – temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire.
- North Scott Community School District – Hiring for substitute staff (teachers, aides, custodians, food service, bus drivers).
- Harsco Environmental – Hiring for mechanic, locomotive operator, hand torch burner, car securer, pot welder, crane operators, and heavy equipment operators.
- Harris Pizza – Hiring for pizza makers, line cooks, prep cooks, cashiers, and management.
- Team Staffing – Hiring for industrial, warehouse, general heavy laborers, welders, CNC operators and other related positions.
- Mediacom Communications Corporation – Hiring for broadband specialist, customer service & sales representatives.
- Yabba Dabbas LLC – Hiring for retail sales associates.
- Genesis Health System – Hiring for nursing, and MAs.
- Hy-Vee – Hiring for bakery and Rx fulfillment center.
- Per Mar Security – Hiring for security officers.
- QPS Employment Group – Hiring for production, machine operating, assembly, welding, CNC machinist, packaging, tire mounting and maintenance.
- RJK – Hiring for warehouse and production.
- Durham School Services – Hiring for school bus drivers.
- Hawaiian Bros. – Hiring for restaurant staff.