Already a subscriber? Log in
- Unparalleled business coverage of the Iowa City / Cedar Rapids corridor.
- Immediate access to subscriber-only content on our website.
- 52 issues per year delivered digitally, in print or both.
- Support locally owned and operated journalism.
Bettendorf is getting another new hotel that its developers are calling a “beacon of hospitality.” A groundbreaking ceremony was held Tuesday morning, Oct. 18, for the future Courtyard by Marriott Bettendorf Quad Cities at 907 Utica Ridge Place. That’s part of the site of the former Jumer’s Castle Lodge, known in its last years as The Lodge, which was demolished in 2016. The new 113-room Marriott, located next to Home2 Suites by Hilton, is a $22 million project. The new hotel will be four stories high and employ 30 permanent employees when it opens at the end of 2023, according to Dan Huber, CEO of the Bettendorf-based Frontier Hospitality Group, owner of the new hotel. “It will be a beacon to the business traveler. … It’s going to a beacon of hospitality,” Mr. Huber said during the groundbreaking ceremony. That ceremony attracted about 100 people from the community, and for the most part was held in the lobby of the Home2 Suites because of the cold, windy weather. The Frontier Hospitality Group also owns Home2 Suites. Mr. Huber added that some of the features of the new hotel will include:
- A bistro that will offer meals, drinks and a full menu.
- Outdoor patio space.
- Indoor swimming pool.
- Fitness room.
- An open lobby area.
- Meeting room that will seat about 100 people.