Applications are being accepted through May 27 for multiple openings in the Moline Fire Department, including a full-time firefighter/paramedic and firefighter/pre-hospital registered nurse (PHRN).
All fees are waived to apply and test for the Moline Fire Department. Applicants do not need to be licensed as an EMT-Basic, EMT-Paramedic or Prehospital Registered Nurse to apply.
The following are the minimum requirements for testing for the Moline Fire Department:
- U.S. citizen.
- At least 20 years old to test and 21 at the time of conditional offer.
- Under 35 (for exemptions go here).
- 20/20 corrected vision.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid CPAT card needed by Aug. 1, 2022 (local test available June 4-July 23).
To be hired, applicants must be licensed in the State of Illinois as an EMT-Basic or a registered nurse less than two (2) years from obtaining a pre-hospital RN license or as an EMT-Paramedic or a pre-hospital RN.
The salary for entry- level firefighter/paramedic and firefighter/pre-hospital is $53,190. After obtaining paramedic licensure/PHRN and completing probation period, salary increases by a one-time annual amount of $5,000. For Paramedic/PHRN, licensure pays an additional $1,560 annually after probation.
Financial assistance of up to $5,000 is available for paramedic classes.
Additional benefits include:
- Pension (Illinois Association of Fire Fighters Local 581).
- Medical, dental, and vision.
- Paid time off.
- Deferred comp and ROTH IRA.
- Flex spending plan.
- Life insurance.
The Moline Fire Department application is available here.