The LeClaire Chamber honored its city’s businesses and community leaders at its annual meeting celebration held Saturday, Jan. 29, at Steventon’s.
The event recognized outgoing President Kathy Anderson, who led the chamber board for the past seven years. She is succeeded by Heather Faris, who has been a chamber board member.
This year’s business award winners are:
- Bela/Tammy Danielson, Golden Pineapple Award.
- Connie Allen, Volunteer of the Year.
- Christmas in LeClaire, Event of the Year.
- Karree Fah of Buy Nothing LeClaire, and Tammy Danielson, owner of Bela, tied for the Spirit of LeClaire Award.
- Mississippi River Distilling Co. Celebration Center, Brick & Mortar Award.
In addition, longtime LeClaire City Administrator Ed Choate, now retired, was presented with the Edward DeSilva Community Award. The award is named for the chamber’s late founder and community leader.
A silent auction with Rob Cain, owner of Cities Insurance Group, as auctioneer served as a fundraiser with a portion of the proceeds going to the LeClaire Fire Department for its 9-11 Memorial.
The chamber also is welcoming three new board members: Ryan Moylan, who leads a sales team for a wholesale tire distributor; Bill Bloom, retired, Deere & Co., and Rob Cain, whose Cities Insurance Group relocated to LeClaire in 2019.