As the challenge of finding workers continues for area employers, several hiring events have been scheduled for this week at IowaWORKS.
The state agency will hold five job fairs at its offices at 1801A E. Kimberly Road, Davenport, including:
- Tuesday, Feb. 15 — QPS Employment Group. — 1 to 3 p.m. — HIRING: production, kitter, machine operator, steel manufacturing, grinder.
- Wednesday, Feb. 16 — HNI Corp.: 9 a.m. to noon. HIRING: assembly, machine operators, welders, forklift operator, material support.
- Wednesday, Feb. 16 — Thomson, Illinois, federal prison — 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. — HIRING: correctional officer, registered nurse, cook supervisor, medical officer, treatment specialist.
- Thursday, Feb. 17 — Seaberg Industries — 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. — HIRING: CNC machinists, CNC programmers welders – MIG and TIG; press brake operators; press brake programmers; saw operator; process engineer, estimator.
- Friday, Feb. 18 — Durham School Services — 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. — HIRING: drivers.