There’s still time this month to help Gilda’s Club of the Quad Cities and area businesses Paint the Town Pink to raise awareness for breast cancer and the important services Gilda’s Club provides.
While Gilda’s Club serves area residents impacted by any type of cancer, throughout October the organization and 15 participating businesses are shining a “pink spotlight” on the nearly 2,700 newly diagnosed Iowans with breast cancer, and everything they and their loved ones must cope with now. This includes the physical, financial, psychological and emotional aspects of cancer, the club’s website states.
In its second year, businesses participating in Paint the Town Pink will feature point-of-sale promotions to raise funds and come together for the cause throughout the month. Participating businesses and specials include:
- Isabel Bloom: $2 donated from Fight Like a Girl Ornament.
- Ray Gun: $5 donated when purchasing a “Everything About Cancer is Stupid” T-shirt.
- Cookies & Dreams: Limited cookie run.
- Bad Boyz: 20% of sales from Gilda’s Ground Pounder Pizza & “Think Pink” cocktail.
- The Meat Market: 5% of sales from the month and all proceeds from special pink cozies
- Nothing Bundt Cakes: Percentage of sales donated from all red velvet and strawberry Bundt cakes.
- The Half Nelson: $1 back from a special October cocktail.
- Brick & Motor Boutique: 5% of sales from the month donated.
- Donuts N’ More: $1 from every pink doughnut sold donated.
- Crawford Brew Works: Two guest bartending dates with tips going to Gilda’s Club and $1 donated from every Cherry Wheat Beer sold (Brewed just for Gilda’s Club).
- Mississippi Distilling Co.: Guest bartending dates tips go to Gilda’s Club, plus 20% of sales, $1 from Special Pink Drink, $5 from Specialty Pink To-Go Cocktail, $5 from every retail purchase of River Pilot Vodka, valid at Downtown Davenport Lounge.
- Little Rock & Gem Shop: A portion of sales donated from every rose quartz sold.
- Jack’s Brakes & Alignment: 10% of all brake services during the month of October.
- Angerer Eats: Accepting donations to provide group dinner prior to Gilda’s Club Support Groups.
- Brad Fugate Modern Woodmen: Matching what Angerer Eats raises, up to $1,000.
- Molly’s Cupcakes: 15% of all cupcakes sales from the month donated.
- Rock Island Police Department: Featuring pink police badges and raising funds to support chemo care bags.
All funds raised during the Paint the Town Pink campaign will stay in the area. For more information, visit gildasclubqc.org.