Get ready to treat your tastebuds if you visit LeClaire on Saturday, March 19. That’s when more than a dozen LeClaire businesses will take part from 1-4 p.m. in this year’s “Taste of LeClaire.”
Participants will receive free food and/or beverage samples as well as discounted specials from various shops and eateries, according to Visit LeClaire.
The lineup of participating businesses and their expected featured items are:
- LeClaire Olive Oil & Canning Co. – Olive oil and balsamic vinegar, spreads, and dip tasting as well as jam and salsa.
- Rising Tide Boutique – Popcorn.
- The Shameless Chocoholic – Assorted chocolates.
- What BBQ & Bar – Sweet tea and fair lemonade samples along with coleslaw and corn maque choux. Also, Cake Fantasies from Clinton, Iowa, will be handing out cake pops and Wilson Orchard will be sampling their hard cider.
- Aunt Hattie’s Fanciful Emporium – “Something fun!”
- Wide River Winery Tasting Room – Sample their amaretto cheesecake with So Sue Me Sue wine.
- Cody Road Coffee – Buffalo Bill butterscotch latte and Leprechaun Bait.
- Grasshoppers Gift Shop – Wine and beer bread samples.
- Bela – Bread and soup samples.
- Razzleberries Fine Gifts – To be determined.
- Mississippi River Distilling Co. – A $10 Tap Cocktail Flight with $5 off a “take-home” cocktail and St. Patrick’s Cocktails for $7.
- The Crane & Pelican Cafe (also at Mississippi River Distilling Co.) Samples of lobster bisque.
- Green Tree Brewery – Two 1 oz. samples of craft beer on the patio.
- Riverview Roadhouse – To be determined.
- Mississippi Cottage Antiques – Offering the Neiman Marcus $250 dollar cookie.
Please note, however, that advertised offerings may be subject to change, the tourism bureau said.
Find more information here. To learn more about what LeClaire has to offer, visit firstname.lastname@example.org.