Downtown Davenport businesses are gearing up to host their Bix Block Parties on Friday, July 29, and Saturday, July 30.
Supported by the Downtown Davenport Partnership (DDP), the block parties are designed to celebrate the downtown neighborhood. Multiple blocks of events, programmed by business owners, will be held in conjunction with the Quad-City Times Bix 7 road race Saturday.
“Anytime your downtown is programmed to have an event, it’s going to have a huge economic impact on your business,” said Kyle Peters, owner of the Daiquiri Factory at 303 W. Third St., and an organizer of one of those parties – The Bix Mix.
The parties will feature a variety of live music, food, drinks and fun. Free parking is available in downtown parking ramps and along the riverfront after 5 p.m. Friday.
Here is the party lineup in downtown Davenport:
- River Music Experience’s Live @5. It will be held 5-7 p.m., Friday, in the River Music Experience (RME) Courtyard. Live music provided by The Dawn. The event sponsored by Dahl Ford.
- The Bix Mix will be Friday and Saturday on Third Street between Ripley and Harrison streets. It is presented by Mac’s Tavern, Carriage Haus, Daiquiri Factory and Kilkenny’s Pub. There will be food trucks, outside bars and street games. Live music will be: ROADS from 7:30-10:30 p.m., Friday; Wicked Liz and the Bellyswirls, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Saturday; and the Flying Buffaloes, 9 p.m. to midnight, Saturday.
- The Bix Bash. It will be at 208 E. River Drive from noon to 4 p.m., Saturday. Live music by Andrew Jacob and Lisa Lynn.
- The Finish-Line Fest will be at 218 Iowa St. on Saturday, and is presented by The Stardust. There is $1 admission with drink specials and food by Flavor Train. There will be live music by: Dirt Road Rockers, 10 a.m.; Rude Punch, noon; Orangadang, 2 p.m.; Funkatude, 3:30 p.m.; Class of ‘82, 5:30 p.m.; Electric Shock, The AC/DC Show, 8:30 p.m.
- The Best Dam Bix Party will be at 410 E. Second St. on Saturday, and is presented by Dam View Inn. There is a $10 cover charge beginning at 6 p.m. Live music by Too Hype Crew at 8 p.m.
- Bix Museum will be open Friday and Saturday at 129 N. Main St. Free admission and extended museum hours to learn about Bix Beiderbecke. Museum will be open 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Friday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday.
For performance schedules, map, road closures and more information, visit downtowndavenport.com.