Shred-It Day is set for 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 11, at the Quad Cities Waterfront Convention Center in Bettendorf.
Participants are invited to bring items to be shredded by Shred-It. The service will be free.
Items that can be shredded:
- Paper Documents (personal information, travel documents/passports, tax documents, bank statements, contracts, budgets, legal contracts, specification drawings).
- Documents in paper (non-hanging) folders.
- Documents containing paperclips and staples.
What not to bring for shredding:
- Food, glass, cans.
- Cardboard tubes.
- Ink cartridges and toners.
- Hanging folders.
- Electrical items.
- Hard drives.
- Office supplies (hole puncher, staple remover, etc.).
- Nuts and bolts.
- Large metal objects.
- Electronic devices.
Some locations may require wait time. For best efficiency in unloading, event organizers suggest delivering your documents in the following containers:
- Paper bags, which can be shredded with documents.
- Cardboard or plastic containers – they will be emptied and returned.
- Small bundles – for quick and efficient unloading.