Revitalize and Develop East Moline (REDEEM) held its annual meeting Thursday, May 19, with the election of the board of directors and officers and a review of progress and future plans.
REDEEM’s board elected the following as directors and officers:
- Dr. Jay Morrow, president.
- Kurt Donnelly, vice-president and secretary.
- Jennifer Hirsch, treasurer.
- Tim Knanishu, executive vice-president.
The membership of REDEEM also approved the following to serve as directors of the redevelopment organization:
- Larry Anderson of East Moline Glass.
- Eric Davis of KVF Quad Corp.
- Tadd Griffith of Deere & Co.
- Linda Gutierrez of TBK Bank.
- Jeff Murphy of Murphy Insurance.
- John Stopoulos business owner.
- Greg Theis of Mid-American Energy Corp.
Attendees included contributing members and organizations; other economic development partners; and staff from the City of East Moline representing a continuation of the private/public partnership between REDEEM and the City of East Moline.
Among the achievements and plans reviewed were projects in the I-80/88 corridor; support for the downtown master plan; the continuing success of The Bend; establishing a pedway to connect The Bend and the downtown; residential development in The Quarter; and the continuation of many of these projects.
REDEEM is a not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to promoting commercial, industrial, and recreational development that enhances both the tax base and the quality of life in East Moline.