Visit Quad Cities and the area’s museums are teaming up again to bring Quad Cities Museum Week from June 5-12, 2022.
Throughout the region, museums will welcome Quad Citizens and visitors alike with exciting activities, new exhibits, discounted admissions, tours, special programs, and more.
Quad Cities’ museums offer adventures, discovery, and hours of fun. There is a QC museum to meet everyone’s interests – from art, science and technology to local, national and world history.
“The Quad Cities is home to more than 10 museums,” said Charlotte Doehler-Morrison, vice president of Visit Quad Cities’ marketing and communications. “Each of our museums offers something completely different to appeal to various audiences and ages. We invite people to get out and explore with family and friends, and discover new stories, experiences, and adventures.”
Visitors are encouraged to post their museum experiences on social media using the hashtag #QCMuseumWeek.
Some of this year’s QC Museum Week participants and specials are:
- Bix Beiderbecke Museum & Archives, Davenport; complimentary admission and extended hours.
- Buffalo Bill Museum, LeClaire; $1 off adult and senior admission.
- Buffalo Bill Cody Homestead, Princeton, IA; complimentary admission when you mention “QC Museum Week.”
- Butterworth Center & Deere-Wiman House, Moline; complimentary tours, programs, exhibits.
- Colonel Davenport House, Rock Island Arsenal Island; Pioneer Days, Saturday-Sunday, June 11-12, noon to 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Dan Nagle Walnut Grove Pioneer Village, Scott County Park, Long Grove; free admission and live demonstrations.
- Davenport School Museum; complimentary admission and new exhibits.
- Family Museum, Bettendorf; featuring traveling Thomas & Friends exhibit.
- Figge Art Museum, Davenport; special programming throughout the week for all ages.
- German American Heritage Center, Davenport; complimentary admission.
- Hauberg Estate, Rock Island; complimentary “Behind the Scenes” tours.
- Iowa 80 Trucking Museum, Walcott; complimentary admission and gift shop discount.
- John Hauberg Indian Museum, Black Hawk Historic Site, Rock Island; complimentary admission and farming activity (sensory table).
- Karpeles Manuscript Museum, Rock Island; complimentary admission and scavenger hunt with prizes.
- Putnam Museum & Science Center, Davenport; $5 discounted admission & special movie, Kaluoka-Hina, playing on the GIANT Screen.
- The Sawmill Museum, Clinton, Iowa; buy-one-get-one-free admission.
Quad Cities Museum Week is presented by Visit Quad Cities and media sponsors Big 106.5, WOC 1420 AM, and WVIK, Quad Cities NPR. The week is a collaboration between the area museums and Visit Quad Cities and was first launched in 2015.