Women Lead Change (WLC) this week announced the honorees for the 2022 Quad Cities Women’s Leadership Awards to be presented in October in conjunction with a one-day conference.
The deadline for registering for the conference is Sept. 16.
The honorees, who were selected in three categories, will be celebrated at an Awards Luncheon at noon, Thursday, Oct. 6 at the Quad Cities Waterfront Convention Center in Bettendorf during the WLC Quad Cities Conference.
The award winners are:
The ATHENA Leadership Award Honoree sponsored by Arconic recipient is Bonnie J. Ballard, community volunteer, retired educator and civil servant.
Women of Influence Award honorees are:
- Megan Brown-Saldana, Lead(h)er QC.
- Monica Kruse, Meridian Title Company.
- Mary Macumber Schmidt, Trinity Health Foundation.
- Ann Schwickerath, Project Renewal.
- Tyla Sherwin-Cole, Doris & Victor Day Foundation.
- Rebecca Skafidas, American Bank & Trust.
The Emerging Leader Award Honoree is Melissa Church, Digi-Buzz/Bad Science Jokes.
Honorees were selected by a panel of past honorees and community members based on nominations submitted detailing each honoree’s personal and professional achievements, community engagement, and service to empowering women in the Quad Cities region.
Awards luncheon tickets for the 2022 Quad Cities Women’s Leadership Awards are $40 a person and available here. Full-day conference tickets can be purchased through Sept. 16. They are $199 a person and include the awards luncheon.
For more event information, visit here. Conference registration includes access to four keynote speakers, two breakout sessions, ATHENA Awards Luncheon, follow-up discussion guide, and the newly released book, “You Should Sit Down for This,” by closing speaker Tamera Mowry-Housley.
Ms. Mowry-Housley is a beloved actress and television personality known for her roles in “Sister, Sister,” “Twitches,” “Tia & Tamera,” as a co-host on “The Real,” and a host of Prime Video’s “Dr. Seuss Baking Show.” She lives in Northern California with her husband and two children.
The conference also features keynote speakers:
- Khaliah Guillory, the creative mind behind Nap Bar and was previously a C-level executive at a Fortune 100 company that oversaw a $1 billion book of business and more than 220 employees.
- Christie Hunter Arscott, an award-winning advisor, speaker and author of “Begin Boldly: How Women Can Reimagine Risk, Embrace Uncertainty, and Launch A Brilliant Career.”
- Nada Lena Nasserdeen, founder and CEO of Rise Up For You, a No. 1 best-selling author on Amazon, leadership and career confidence coach, and a two-time TEDx motivational speaker.
Brittany Kyles, KWQC News Team weekday morning reporter/digital anchor, will emcee the conference. Bank of America is the 2022 conference’s presenting sponsor.
For information on sponsorship opportunities, contact Becky Alpen at Becky.Alpen@WLCglobal.org.