IowaWORKS is adding a tasty twist to its Opportunity Knocks Monday job fairs by inviting Quad Cities food vendors to sell their wares – and recruit employees.
The Davenport office of IowaWORKS will hold its third Opportunity Knocks Monday hiring event from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, June 20, at its 1801A E. Kimberly Road location. The weekly hiring event, which replaced the agency’s individual company hiring fairs, now is held every Monday and features a diverse group of employers recruiting for various positions.
Martha Garcia-Tappa, IowaWORKS business marketing specialist, said this Monday’s event also will include food vendors such as HyVee and Kona Ice available in the parking lot. The agency is inviting food trucks and vendors to set up at the weekly job fairs to sell food to the lunchtime crowd of job seekers.
“We’re trying to find ways to help the restaurant folks who need to find new staff,” she said. “We’re looking at other options too, but this is one way we can get some help for the eateries.”
Participating restaurants or food vendors also will be allowed to have a job fair booth inside IowaWORKS to meet with job-seekers.
Any food vendor interested in participating at future Opportunity Knocks Monday job fairs should contact Ms. Garcia-Tappa at (563) 445-3200 ext. 43311.
The new job fair format, now in its third week, has seen attendance among job-seekers grow 80% since transitioning to a single day job fair with multiple employers under one roof, she added. In fact, employers participating in the new event have reported success in hiring new employees as a result of the Opportunity Knocks Monday events.
The lineup of employers who will be at the career fair on Monday, June 20, are:
- Kraft Heinz – Hiring for production workers.
- Walmart – Hiring for cashiers, stock, personal shoppers and more.
- Hotel Blackhawk – Hiring for housekeeping, maintenance, bartenders, and servers.
- Team Staffing solutions – Hiring for industrial and warehouse positions.
- Bally’s Quad Cities – Hiring for IT, dealers, food service, casino host, hotel front desk, slot technician, and housekeepers.
- Tyson Fresh Meats – Hiring for general production, maintenance, premium, general labor and part-time summer help.
- Greystone Manufacturing LLC – Hiring for quality inspection, maintenance technician, and maintenance manager.
- Compass One Healthcare – Housekeeper, cook, patient services, and dishwasher.
- Uniparts Olsen – Hiring for welders, CNC, and forklift operators.
- Hy-Vee – Hiring for various part and full time positions.
- Staff NOW – Hiring for warehouse and manufacturing positions.
- Per Mar Security – Hiring for security officers.
- QPS employment Group – Hiring for various positions.
- RJK Inc. – Hiring for process operators to include warehouse, machine operators, lab techs, maintenance.
- Elliott Aviation – Hiring for various positions.
For more information on Opportunity Knocks Mondays, contact Ms. Garcia-Tappa at (563) 445-3200 ext. 43311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.