Already a subscriber? Log in
- Unparalleled business coverage of the Iowa City / Cedar Rapids corridor.
- Immediate access to subscriber-only content on our website.
- 52 issues per year delivered digitally, in print or both.
- Support locally owned and operated journalism.
The new Viking Mississippi riverboat’s passengers got the red carpet treatment – complete with a bald eagle flyover – when it docked Wednesday, Sept. 7, in Davenport. Hundreds of people attended a noon welcoming event and Quad Cities Chamber ribbon-cutting ceremony at River Heritage Park, 615 E. River Drive. The star of the show was the massive Viking Mississippi ship from Viking Cruise Lines, which now is making its maiden voyage.
1 of 4
Facts about the Viking Mississippi cruise ship:
- The ship can hold 386 people and has 193 cabins.
- It has a crew of 148.
- The ship is 450 feet long.
- An eight-day “Heartland Tour” on the ship begins at $4,499.
- Some of the vessel’s other features include: Sun Terrace with an infinity plunge pool, a lounge and bar with a two-story panoramic view of the river, laundry service, elevators through the ship, and The Bow, which is a quiet sitting area at the front of the ship.