Eastern Iowa Community Colleges (EICC) will offer a series of free classes in April in celebration of Community College Month.
“Community College Month is a great time to connect with EICC,” Paula Arends, director of Workforce Innovation at EICC, said in a news release. “Throughout the entire month of April, we will offer an opportunity for our community to learn, be entertained, and possibly plant a seed for future career or life goals.”
A wide range of classes are scheduled both in-person and live online using Zoom, with a number of times available. Each session will run anywhere from one hour to 90 minutes long.
Some of those classes include:
- Intro to Delivering a Baby
- Furnace and Air Conditioning Tips for Better Comfort and Efficiency
- The Psychology of Change and Understanding Your Personality
- You Can Build a Website
- Magnetic Technology
- Spring Bicycle Maintenance
- Intro to Photogrammetry: Turning One-dimensional Items Into 3D Models
- Let’s Get “Shrimpy” – Learn to cook shrimp in our Culinary building
- Diesel Engine Basics
- Self-publishing Basics: Go From Blank Page to Published Author