Quad Citians won’t have a front-row seat for the historic lock and dam upgrade investment being made in the critical Mississippi River transportation artery relied upon by the world’s agricultural export market. But the bi-state Quad Cities region will reap the rewards of an overall $1.2 billion infusion of federal infrastructure funds for upgrading the […]
- Unparalleled business coverage of the Iowa City / Cedar Rapids corridor.
- Immediate access to subscriber-only content on our website.
- 52 issues per year delivered digitally, in print or both.
- Support locally owned and operated journalism.
- Construction of a new 1,200-foot lock at Lock & Dam 25, located north of St. Louis, to remove a dangerous, costly and time-consuming bottleneck.
- Creation of a fish passage at Lock & Dam 22 in Saverton, Missouri, to allow native fish species to move between pools even when the locks are closed.
- Pre-construction, engineering and design of the Brandon Road Interbasin Project on the Des Plaines River in Joliet, Illinois, to prevent the invasive Asian carp species from entering the Great Lakes.