A webinar planned this weekend has the goal of helping Illinois homeowners tackle issues such as home maintenance and financial management.
The event is set for 9-11 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 29. Registration is required. Sign up by calling (309) 788-6311 or email email@example.com. A link to the webinar will be provided in advance upon registration.
The free webinar is for post-purchase homeowners and will be hosted by the Rock Island-based Economic Growth Corporation (GROWTH.) The HUD-approved event is designed to help support homeowners on their rights and responsibilities.
“In these turbulent times, it is essential that homeowners have access to the tools, resources and assistance they need to be a successful homeowner,” said James Jones, housing manager with GROWTH. “This includes knowing that they have access to free services and resources if they are struggling or unable to meet their monthly payments during the pandemic.”
Some of the topics to be discussed during the webinar include:
- Avoiding predatory lending and other attractive traps of available credit as a homeowner.
- Understanding common credit problems that could lead to delinquency and foreclosure.
- Creating a realistic budget to lay out a solid financial foundation.
- Understanding property taxes and insurance.
- Protecting and maintaining the home.
GROWTH has certified housing counselors on staff to meet with people. HUD-approved housing counselors are certified through training by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.